The Book of Ruth
This is the story of Ruth. The book of Ruth is sometimes treated as a love story-and in some ways it is indeed a love story, but not a romance. God’s love for Israel here finds expression in Ruth’s and Boaz’s love for Naomi, and in Boaz’s love for Naomi and Ruth. The heart of the story is the actions of Ruth and Boaz, the central figure throughout his Naomi. Ruth is one of the four Gentile women included in Matthew’s genealogy of Jesus. Her story is also one of the first times in the Bible we hear mention of the word Redeemer. Boaz’s actions set up the stage for what Jesus would do one day in redeeming us from our sin.
Bible Study Outline
Available in days
days after you enroll
- Week 1: Ruth’s World – Introduction: Who was Ruth and where was she from? (4:35)
- Week 2: Naomi’s Tragedy – Ruth Chapter 1 (4:10)
- Week 3: Ruth Meets Boaz – Ruth Chapter 2, verses 1 to 16 (5:15)
- Week 4: Naomi’s Harvest of Hope – Ruth Chapter 2, verse 17 to Chapter 3, verse 5 (5:10)
- Week 5: The Night at the Threshing Floor – Ruth Chapter 3, verses 6 to 18 (5:15)
- Week 6: Naomi’s Redemption and the Legacy of Ruth – Ruth Chapter 4 (4:33)
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses, bundles, and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific product.
Check your inbox to confirm your subscription